Spectrum is seeking Forestry Technicians to join our team.
Spectrum is offering signing bonuses between July 14th and Sept 1st, 2022, to new hires. Employees must be employed at Spectrum for 12 consecutive weeks (600.00 hours worked) to be eligible to receive a $1200.00 bonus.
The role of the Forestry Technician includes:
· Punctual, dependable and accountable in the field
· Aware and helpful vehicle passenger
· Be efficient, safe and timely in the field
· Timber Cruising & Assistance
· Boundary and Road Layout and Traverse
· Riparian Assessment
· Ecotype mapping
· Road ECE’s
· Crossing and Site Plan Data Collection
What You Bring
· Safety conscious attitude
· A love of the outdoors
· Specific experience and knowledge in field activities related to: boundary and road layout, riparian layout and timber reconnaissance surveys, beetle is a valuable asset, however, we will provide on the job training.
· Demonstrate ability to both work independently and as part of a team.
· Previous experience operating ATVs and pick-up trucks safely on various road conditions will be considered an asset.
· Post-secondary education in forestry or a related field is an asset.
What we offer:
· Training opportunities (First Aid, H2S, relevant certificates needed for employment)
· Year-round employment
· The opportunity to explore British Columbia’s beautiful backcountry
· Competitive wages
· Growth opportunities (into supervisory roles)
· Mentorship from on-staff forestry professionals (RPF’s, RFT’s)
Spectrum Resource Group is an integrated vegetation management solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation in forestry, oil and gas, utility, and community resource industries across Canada.
We are a privately held company that has been in business since 1986. Over our many years in operation, we have distinguished ourselves from our competitors by developing a highly-educated workforce of professionals who use their years of experience in the field to deliver an inter-disciplinary approach to vegetation management.
Spectrum offers a competitive salary, a co-operative work environment and the drive to nurture and grow our business. Spectrum Resource Group Inc. provides equal opportunity for employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Spectrum is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Spectrum Resource Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
#73 - Best Buy Canada - Growing a Career Through Unexpected Opportunities
About Spectrum Resource Group Inc.
Spectrum Resource Group is an employee-owned integrated vegetation management solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation in forestry, oil and g...Read More