West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the tenth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. The Woodland’s Team at our Quesnel Division has an opportunity for a professional forester as:
FOREST PLANNING COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent, you will work with a team of professionals responsible for all timber development activities. Our Planning Coordinators enjoy a mix of field and office work, while living in the community of Quesnel, with exposure to all aspects of our diversified and integrated business.Responsibilitiesinclude:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Timber reconnaissance and development, cutting permit acquisition and appraisals within the Quesnel TSA (975,000 m3 AAC) and TFL52 (592,000 AAC m3),
- Government and First Nations liaison,
- Contract administration and supervision,
- Harvesting plans,
- Road and cutblock design,
- Incorporating wildlife and environmental values into harvest area designs,
- Completing all necessary field work including cut block and road layout,
- Consulting stakeholders.
- A Registered Professional Forester Designation (RPF), with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP), or on the path to becoming an RPF,
- 3+ years of relevant forestry experience,
- Some experience in planning and cutting permit development,
- Working knowledge of the appraisal system and timber cruising,
- Candidates with lesser experience or qualifications or suited for other opportunities may be considered for this position or other positions within our Woodlands Team.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.About us:
West Fraser Timber has over 60 locations across Canada, the United States and Europe. We believe strongly in promoting from within and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. West Fraser offers an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at https://www.westfraser.com/careersand discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in productivity.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing Operations and Logistics