Forensic Social Worker (BSW)
Forensic Psychiatric Hospital, Port Coquitlam, BC
$30.75 - $38.33/hrWhat you'll do
What you bring
- Complete a full biopsychosocial social work assessment of adults experiencing severe psychiatric and behavioral difficulties who have been referred by the Courts by methods such as interviewing patients to identify their developmental history and their perception of level of social functioning and problems; interviewing family members and other community sources for collateral information reviewing referral information from Police, Court and other community agencies; preparing a written assessment that may be utilized in Court, submitting recommendations and information related to diagnosis, fitness to stand trial, mental state at a time of offence and treatment plans; identifying client needs, problem areas and formulating treatment goals; preparing ongoing written assessment of client progress and submitting written reports to the B.C. Board of Review and/or Review Panel regarding recommendation for release.
- Collaborate and consult with other professionals in the multi-disciplinary team in the coordination and review of patient treatment by methods such as participating in treatment conferences to determine team members responsibilities; monitoring treatment plans, re-evaluating and modifying treatment to meet changing needs of patients and/or his/her support system; providing systems perspective including family, social and community network to other team members; acting as a client advocate; planning client discharge and release to the community by arranging pre-placement visits, referrals to boarding homes, and community mental health support agencies; maintaining comprehensive documentation ensuring case reviews and tracking of client's treatment progress; and providing information and support to families on an ongoing basis.
- Provide psychosocial intervention and treatment services for psychiatric patients who may be held under Order-in-Council; Mental Health Act certification, Court Order and/or Informal criteria by methods such as functioning as Primary Counsellor for identified patients (psychotherapy and behavioural); carrying out evidence based individual, group and family therapies according to a variety of theoretical models; establishing and maintaining therapeutic relationships based on respect; providing supportive counselling to improve social functioning, self-esteem and independence for clients; providing group work treatment on alcohol and/or drug addiction and sex offender target groups; providing social skills and psycho-educational training; and providing psychosocial counselling.
- Provide information, support and facilitate transition into FPSC by methods such as assessing client eligibility for income assistance and Legal Aid; retrieving patient belongings including arranging for property storage and rent payment; assisting the client and/or applying on behalf of clients for various needs, social insurance, birth certificate, handicapped benefits, Canada disability pension, Comfort Allowance; initiating Power of Attorney, guardianship and trusteeship for patients; and networking and interfacing with community support groups and agencies.
- Maintain concise and accurate documentation of relevant information on client files in accordance with FPSC policy standards to meet regulatory requirements and provide evidence and rationale to support findings and treatment plan such as compiling pertinent background information. Provide written reports and summaries as per FPSC policy, standards and guidelines.
What's in it for you
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Full registration with the BC College of Social Workers (BCCSW).
- Two (2) years recent, related experience working in a mental health setting.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $30.75 to $38.33 per hour
70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0800 - 1600
Requisition Number: 93212
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 5, 2020
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 93212-2338934 Work Site 2nd Floor - 1584 - 7th Avenue, Prince George Job Type Regular, Full-Time Salary/Rate $30.75 - $38.33 / Hour FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 830-1630 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 24-Apr-2020