Targa Contracting (2013) Ltd is looking for a Foreman to join our team
Targa was recognized by Canadian Business Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in Canada with a 400% growth over the last 5 years, prior to Covid. Covid 19 stalled our growth but we have been able to adapt and maintain our previous years sales and expect to grow again in 2021. We have changed our core focus to primarily public infrastructure thereby relying upon upgrades and replacement of failing utilities to ensure our revenues are maintained and keep our people working.
Targa has always put out employees first and have created incentives to reward their loyalty to the team. We are always ready to explore new ideas and innovations.
Targa has an exciting opportunity for an experienced foreman to join our team!
Targa offers better than union wages and comparative benefits. We encourage and compensate our staff for self development programs and offer other incentives to encourage growth. No out of town work and very few weekends.
We fully understand the importance of life balance and ensure fair distribution of the workload. If you want a rewarding career, we expect to deliver on that commitment.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day activities on a construction site, more responsibilities and duties are listed below. We offer excellent wages, benefits, and work hard at making Targa a great place to work.
- Direct crew employees and subcontractors on site.
- Ensure labour, equipment, materials and sub-contractors are on site when necessary in order to perform the work.
- Report various field information including; employee time, productivity, quantities and material deliveries to the project manager.
- Notify the project manager when issues arise such as; a conflict in the drawings, extra work may be performed or changing/unforeseen conditions are revealed.
- Ensure that the construction crews or sub-contractors perform work in accordance to contract drawings and specifications.
- Ensure materials, equipment and labour are utilized most efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that deliveries to site are complete and in accordance with materials order
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly safety meetings and inspections
- Ensures all employees are working in accordance with corporate and other governing safe work policies and procedures.
- Organize necessary tools for the days' work at the beginning of the shift.
- Assist pipelayers in setting up lasers or levels.
- Participate in Targa's training program.
- Ensure that all equipment that is not functioning properly is reported to Field Manager and Dispatch.
- Inspect the site at the end of the shift to make sure no tools have been left out.
- Ensure that all open excavation, manholes etc. are adequately barricaded.
- Provide training and advice to labourers and pipelayers.
- Foremen are to be on site at all times during the work day, unless other arrangements have been made with your supervisor.
- Ensure that before you, or anyone else, enters a confined space, that you have been properly trained and understand the procedures for entering a confined space.
- Double check that BC 1 Call has been notified, and all other utilities in the area have been contacted, and all services have been located.
- Accurately review or complete Daily Field Reports (DFR) showing all hours for crew under the appropriate cost code, as well as all materials delivered to site, and showing daily productions.
- Abide by the requirements containing in the Targa's safety manual.
- Have proficient knowledge of road and underground utility construction techniques
- Have a proficient knowledge of construction materials and supplies
- Have proficient knowledge of engineer ing standards and specifications
- Have proficient knowledge of Health and Safety
- A valid BC driver's license (class 5) and own transportation is required
- Be willing to participate in corporate sponsored self-improvement programs
- Be safety orientated, self-motivated and work well with others
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well with others
Compensation is dependent on experience and job fit.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.00-$49.00 per hour
Construction, Mining and Trades