If you are looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and working within the scope of Northern Health (NH) Regional Policies and Processes, the NH Regional Food Safety Plan and the NH Regional Food Sanitation Plan, this position assists the Cooks, blending, grinding, slicing, preparing salads, vegetables, sandwiches, and portioning desserts, measuring and combining food and beverage ingredients. Sets up and portions, with accuracy, patient trays and / or resident meals including therapeutic diet items according to nutrition care plans. Check patient trays to ensure accuracy. Prepares items such as tea, coffee and toast. Washes dishes, pots, pans, utensils and performs general cleaning. Serves staff meals and oversees the collection and receipt of cash for items purchased which may include punching meal tickets. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days - 06:00 to 14:00, 06:30 to 14:30, 13:00 to 21:00, 15:00 to 21:00, rotating Terraceview Lodge
is a 99 bed Long-term care Facility with 4 care communities: Lakelse, Copper, Skeena and Nass. The facility is comprised of 90 long-term care beds, 3 respite, 3 hospice palliative care beds, plus 9 short stay beds available for respite and convalescence stays. Terraceview Lodge provides Recreational Therapy Services on a daily basis. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are available to residents. Terrace
has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support is available for moving expenses for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 10 with one (1) year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Restaurants and Food Service