In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and working within the scope of Northern Health (NH) Regional Policies and Processes, the NH Regional Food Safety Plan and the NH Regional Food Sanitation Plan, this position assists the Cooks, blending, grinding, slicing, preparing salads, vegetables, sandwiches, and portioning desserts, measuring and combining food and beverage ingredients. Sets up and portions, with accuracy, patient trays and / or resident meals including therapeutic diet items according to nutrition care plans. Check patient trays to ensure accuracy. Prepares items such as tea, coffee and toast. Washes dishes, pots, pans, utensils and performs general cleaning. Serves staff meals and oversees the collection and receipt of cash for items purchased which may include punching meal tickets. Qualifications
- Grade 10 with one (1) year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Terrace Community