Who we are:
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating exceptional dining experiences for traveler venues in airports and travel plazas around the world.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time & Part-Time Food Preparer to join our Production team located in the exciting Vancouver International Airport.
The Food Preparer is responsible the preparing various food products; ensuring proper food handling procedures are followed; arranging necessary supplies and equipment between storage and work areas; operating a variety of kitchen utensils and/or equipment for food product cooking, serving and storing; receiving and inventorying food and beverage products.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for proper food preparation
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
- Operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing and assembling of food products
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
- Receives and inventories food and beverage product and supplies
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and equipment
What makes you a great candidate?
- Passion for food quality
- Willing to take initiative and set the pace
- Open-minded and eager to share innovative ideas
- Ability to consistently interact and communicate with coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to focus on the task at hand with a sense of urgency
- Capable of lifting/pushing objects weighing over 40 lbs.
- The ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- The ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably
Why work at HMSHOST?
With more than 2,000 dining locations in airports and motorways across North America, HMSHost offers the resources, training, and advancement opportunities to help you be successful in your role with HMSHost
With our company, you will find that we have:
- A positive and dynamic work environment
- Competitive wages
- Extended Health & Dental, MSP, Group RSP and meal benefits
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
If you possess the eligibility requirements & are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com