FO-TMA 24R - Manager, Program Accounting - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Financial Officer (TMA) R24
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA (Primary)
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Agriculture and Food
Ministry Branch / Division
Business Risk Management Branch/ARD
Job Summary Manager, Program Accounting
Financial Officer - TMA R24
An eligibility list may be established.
**AMENDMENT JANUARY 25, 2023: CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 2, 2023**
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A unique opportunity to apply yourfinancial expertise in this exciting role
A provincial program headquartered in Kelowna with field offices located around the province, the Business Risk Management Branch (BRMB) provides agricultural risk management services. Its mission is to help farmers and farm organizations proactively manage uncertainty through production insurance, income stabilization and wildlife damage compensation programs. This multi-million-dollar program funded by the federal and provincial governments, and producer fees/premiums, is responsible for paying out approximately $55+ million in claims and benefits yearly. The Business and Finance Section is responsible for administration and operations, business planning, budget management, program accounting, financial reporting, federal cost-sharing claims, and ongoing monitoring and reporting of business targets and performance measures.
This position overseesand provides senior accounting services including financial statement preparation, in support of Business Risk Management Branch's federally cost-shared programs.
Kelowna is known for its spectacular selection of wineries, and it is set on the shores of Okanagan Lake, providing water activities like swimming, paddling, windsurfing and fishing. Big White, the ski mountain in Kelowna, allows for skiing and snowboarding.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Rebecca.Smith@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Minimum 1 year experience supervising accounting staff including reviewing and approving the work of others
- Minimum 4 years' experience in: budget development; financial planning and analysis; budget monitoring; preparation of reports for management staff; analyzing financial data for variances and trends and recommending remedial action; and preparing financial statements including preparation of year end working papers and adjusting entries.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in working with external auditors.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Banking, Finance and Insurance