FO 27R - Supervisor, Collections
Financial Officer R27
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Finance
Ministry Branch / Division
Receivables Management Office, Revenue Division
Job Summary A unique opportunity to apply yourleadership expertise in this exciting role
The Receivables Management Office (RMO), of the Ministry of Finance develops and manages the overall strategy and business procedures in the collection of delinquent accounts for all tax and non-tax programs, and loan portfolios overseen by the Ministry.
The RMO is continuously developing and implementing more effective policies, systems and business processes to support the consolidation of debt portfolios, the consistent application of early intervention across collection portfolios, and the transfer of non-tax portfolios from other ministries to the Ministry of Finance. The Branch undertakes collection activities on behalf of all tax programs and non-tax client ministries to obtain payment of outstanding amounts owed to the Province.
The Ministry's success in collecting outstanding debt reduces overdue receivables and provides funding for government programs. Key strategies include focusing resources on collection activities, continuing to improve revenue recovery, and ensuring that industry best practices are followed.
To lead a team in the delivery of collection and revenue management services for various programs across several ministries.
The position is responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and evaluating the non-tax collection programs in the Receivables Management Office. The team is responsible for the collection and administration of debts owed to government under numerous programs.
This position is responsible for leading the establishment of collection policy, processes and procedures in an ever changing environment to ensure that debts are managed and collected in accordance with statutory rules and clients' expectations, while still efficiently achieving the overall objectives of government for accounts receivable. This includes planning, organizing and the ongoing evaluation of the delivery of collection services to our various clients.Job Requirements:
Related experience must include 4 years recent related experience in each of the following:
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in a related field such as Business or Public Administration, or financial management such as the Financial Management Certificate Program or other similar program, and a minimum of 4 years recent (within the last 5 years) *related experience;OR An equivalent combination of education and recent *related experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants with
- Working directly in debt collections; or enforcement; or a compliance environment.
- Supervising and leading teams and resolving complex staff and/or client related issues.
- Interpreting and applying legislation and policies related to debt collection and financial management.
- Experience supervising and leading large teams in a blended virtual environment.
- Experience working in a call centre environment and collections enforcement
- Experience working with a large scale telephony system
- Experience analyzing financial data for variances and trends.
- Experience reviewing and approving account reconciliations, refunds, and financial account adjustments.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Elizabeth.Fontes@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
This is for a 12 month temporary appointment, that may become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary positions.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: YES -
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Finance, Leadership and Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance