FO 21R - PharmaCare Auditor
Financial Officer R21
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$63,446.31 - $72,142.65 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Audit and Investigations Branch/Finance and Corporate Services Division
Job Summary PharmaCare Auditor
Financial Officer R21
Please note this is an ongoing posting without a scheduled close date. Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis, and the closing date will be added to the posting with a minimum of 2 weeks' notice.AMENDMENT NOVEMBER 3: We currently have 1Permanent Full Time vacancy in Victoria.
Amendment (November 21, 2022): The salary has been amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
The Ministry of Health is responsible for maintaining an accessible, high quality, affordable system for health service delivery that meets the needs of the citizens of the Province of BC. Its mandate is to support and enhance a responsive, comprehensive, regionalized health care system that promotes and provides for the physical, mental and community health of all British Columbians.
The Finance and Corporate Services Division supports the Ministry Executive and programs by managing and ensuring a consistent approach to financial and corporate issues. The services are provided through five branches: Financial Operations, Financial Analysis and Decision Support, Regional Grants and Decision Support, Audit and Investigations, and Logistics Strategy. These branches provide financial advice and assist programs to meet their strategic goals and operational plans, and ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and central agency directives.
The PharmaCare Auditor is required to travel throughout the province to conduct on-site audits usually for one week at a time, approximately 6-8 times a year. A valid BC Class 5 driver's license is required for this position.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. We acknowledge all Indigenous peoples on whose territories we work and live. We honour their connections to the land and respect the importance of the diverse teachings, traditions, and practices within these territories. Consider joining our team and helping us build an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Science, or a related discipline AND
a minimum of two (2)
years experience in the audit or pharmaceutical field OR
• An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.Related experience must be a minimum of two (2) years in each of the following:
• Experience interpreting and applying legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures to determine appropriate course of action.
• Experience with oral and written communication skills regarding topics of a sensitive nature, with a proven track record of demonstrating accuracy, confidentiality, and discretion.
• Experience collecting and organizing materials under tight deadlines with limited supervision.Preference may be given to applicants with one (1) or more of the following:
• Experience in statistical sampling techniques and extractive audit procedures utilizing advanced software packages such as MicroStrategy.
• Currently enrolled in a CPA designation program.
• Government financial compliance, auditing, or investigative experience.
• Pharmacy Assistant/Tech Program, or community or hospital pharmacy experience.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Administrative Services, Finance, Health Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians