FO 21R - Finance Business Process Analyst, Finance - Shared Services Position Classification
Financial Officer R21 Union
Burnaby, BC V8J 1O1 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$59,802.68 - $68,060.72 per annum plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment (TMA) Close Date
6/7/2020 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Liquor Distribution Branch Ministry Branch / Division
BC Liquor Distribution Branch Job Summary Finance Business Process Analyst, Finance - Shared Services
Financial Officer R21 Temporary, greater than 7 monthsSalary - $59,802.68 - $68,060.72 per annum plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment (TMA)
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The LDB's Finance division is striving to streamline business processes, reduce costs and improve the collection and reporting of actionable financial and operational information, to support prudent management and informed decision-making by Retail, Wholesale and Corporate Division clients. The Finance Business Process Analyst applies finance operations expertise and experience in the operation of business applications and processes to conduct and contribute to business improvement projects.
The Finance Business Process Analyst conducts finance business operations projects, smaller initiatives, process improvements and operational break-fix work to enhance the alignment between the business requirements and operational processes/systems. The Finance Business Process Analyst collaborates with clients, colleagues and IT professionals to design, fine tune, implement, and trouble-shoot project, initiatives, and process improvement implementations.
The Finance Business Process Analyst also work with the functional and operational staff to resolve technical issues and ensure the systems are performing to expectations and investigate new or unused software application features for fit and applicability to business needs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. Please review all requirements and indicate on your resume and cover letter all relevant job experience, including but not limited to using a complex and integrated ERP system in a large organization with a focus on systems integration and process/data flows between systems. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
An eligibility list for temporary future opportunitiesmay be established.A criminal record check (CRC) is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Alisa Zbarskaia, CPA, CGA Senior Manager, Finance - Finance, Shared Services by phone at 604 252-6227
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com Job Qualifications:
Education & Experience:
Recent, related, experience must include:
- Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA) and is a member in good standing. Note: If your designation was obtained from outside of Canada, you will need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through an applicable Canadian Accounting Association.
- Using and working with a complex, integrated ERP system in a large organization* with a focus on systems integration and process/data flows between systems.
- Conducting projects/initiatives to improve operational processes related to the financial management aspects and working closely with clients to identify operational requirements and developing documentation to guide the configuration and development of new business processes and/or technology solutions.
**A large organization is defined as an organization that has one or more of the following: over 500 employees, over $30 million in revenue, over $15 million in capital. Candidates must include this information in their application as it will be used to assess each candidate's qualifications.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience leading financial projects
- Experience working with Visio or flow charting software
- Experience in a large distributed retail or wholesale business
Skills and Abilities:
- Accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS); financial/accounting principles, best practices, systems and controls
- Project management, risk management, operations management, business analysis
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex and integrated ERP solutions
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to lead development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines
- Extensive ability to apply analytical skills to develop business process documentation and flow charting techniques and concepts.