FO 18R - Financial Analyst
Financial Officer R18
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$56,032.51 - $63,565.27 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Service
Job Summary Financial Analyst
Financial Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique program of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing and managing wildfire on the landscape. With a workforce of approximately 1600 the program's staff are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect values, while encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
This position is responsible for providing financial reporting and analysis services at BCWS Headquarters.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Diploma in a field related to public administration or business administration plus 1 years recent related experience in conducting financial analysis; OR
• Grade 12 plus 5 years related experience in conducting financial analysis.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in CFS Oracle.
• Experience with MS Excel.Preferences may be given to applicants with:
• More than two (2) years experience in CFS Oracle AP/PO/GL modules and understanding of how they interrelate.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in CFS reporting including running Oracle module reports and WFR reports.WILLINGNESS STATEMENTS
• To be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures.
• To keep current on emerging issues.
• To take in-house training and certification as required.
• Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Banking, Finance and Insurance