FO 18R - Business Analyst
Financial Officer R18
Vernon, BC V1T 9V2 CA (Primary)
$56,032.51 - $63,565.27 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Okanagan Columbia - Vernon
Job Summary Business Analyst
Financial Officer 18
An eligibility list may be established for similar vacancies within the BC Timber Sales Okanagan Columbia Business area, Vernon.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
BC Timber Sales (BCTS)manages about 20 per cent of the province's allowable annual cut forCrown timber,generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber. BCTS operates in 33 communities and directly supports over 8,000 jobs across B.C.
Data from our operations are used to help determine the market value of the timber harvested from public land and ensures British Columbiansreceive fairvalue from their timber resources.
BCTS also supports government's commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BCas we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the market pricing system through auctions of timber harvested from public land in BC. BCTS has three objectives supporting its goal:
- Objective 1:Sell the full BCTS apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices, sustainable forest management, and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Objective 2:Generate direct net revenue and indirect revenue for the Province over the business cycle.
- Objective 3:Continuous business improvement - within BCTS, across government and with third parties.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website
The Business Analyst is an accounting specialist for the Business Areas (BAs) who is responsible for providing financial and performance frameworks for business operations and for reporting on business plan results for a financially complex program with unique cost accounting requirement. The Business Analysts assesses operational alternatives, provides financial advice to support accounting and operational decisions and facilitates business improvement reviews to minimize costs and increase productivity.
Vernon is Surrounded by rolling grasslands with rocky outcrops and stands of ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, its three lakes and mountain views in every direction command attention. Nature remains Vernon's biggest asset. Famous champagne powder at Silver Star Mountain Resort, just 22km/13mi from downtown, attracts skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers and snowmobilers. In summer, countless hiking and cycling trails to explore every area from the historic Grey Canal within the city to the nearby provincial parks and the rugged Monashee Mountain Range. Mountain biking is also a big draw at Silver Star.
In addition to this exciting opportunity and amazing locations, the BC Public Service is an award-winningemployer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC's Top Employers for 2017, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2018 and one of Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2017.
This is your opportunity to build your career and to gain a better understanding of all the public service has to offer, such as competitive employee benefits , amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with an award winning employer. The BC Public Service encourages a healthy work/life balance that enables you to take advantage of the community and surrounding area in which you live. For more information, please visit What The BC Public Service Offers You.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, and to learn and grow personally and professionally. Existing and future BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or by phone: 778-698-1336.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, requirements and qualifications, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business or finance, equivalent to two years of a recognized professional program to meet position requirements.
- Minimum five years of directly related experience. Related experience means:
- The application of government finance and administration policies and processes, legislative acts and regulations, reporting, systems and controls including managing financial operations and managing financial policy.
- Developing and integrating business plans and operational budgets, conducting financial forecasts and analysis in support of budget evaluation processes.
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements, transactions and reporting to provide accurate and timely financial management.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing tracking and monitoring systems; generating financial spreadsheets, working documents and reports.
- Analyzing trends, cost/benefit, and historic performance.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience such as seven or more years of related experience in finance, budgeting and accounting.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter required:NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select "SKIP" on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire - YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Banking, Finance and Insurance