Floating Support Clerk, Plastic Surgery Clinic
BC Children's Hospital
The Floating Support Clerk provides clerical support to any of the Pediatric Specialty Medicine Divisions by performing duties such as scheduling clinic appointments, typing, transcribing, sorting and distributing related documents, inputting, sorting and retrieving data into/from database, obtaining patient information utilizing computerized software applications according to established policies, standards and procedures. What you'll do
What you bring
- Reception duties including receiving and directing patients, answering, screening and redirecting phone calls, taking messages for doctors and nurses, including calls from pharmacies for refill prescriptions and verification.
- Take phone referrals from doctor's offices to have child seen by the physicians, request appropriate information to be sent such as x-rays and reports, lab work, stool cultures, etc.
- Book, schedule and confirm outpatient appointments. Add, delete and change appointments as required. This includes retrieving records, as required, for patients coming for follow-up appointments. Preregister patients and requests patient charts from Health Records.
- Transcribe and type correspondence such as histories, consults and physician reports for the Medical Director or physician from dictation and/or written draft.
- Send, receive, sort and distribute all incoming mail, faxes, reports and documents and processes all outgoing mail.
- Fill out and send requisition form for stationery and supplies, according to prescribed guidelines and instructions.
- Compose and type routine memos and correspondence and submits for approval and signature.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Graduation from an approved program in medical transcription
- One (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to:
What we bring
- Keyboard at 60 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
- Demonstrate awareness of and commitment to learning and understanding the Truth & Reconciliation Commission's 94 Calls to Action (2015), In Plain Sight Report (2020), BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019), and other related reports.
- Commit to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Regular, Full-Time Wage:
$25.24 per hour Location:
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 2N9 Applications will be accepted until position is filled Hours of Work:
as per rotation Requisition Number:
139552 As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. What we do
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of January 27, 2023
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.