At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity:
KPMG provides a broad suite of advisory services to help organizations keep pace and improve performance with solutions tailored to priorities and critical issues. These services help organizations navigate the rapidly evolving public and private sector landscape. Whether helping an organization develop and implement an IT transformation, modernizing risk management frameworks, building tools and approaches to remain resilient to a changing climate, or acting as a strategic delivery partner to BCs biggest infrastructure and resource projects, KPMGs advisory practices add value to our clients' most meaningful work.
With the passing of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act and the BC government's commitment to reconciliation, there is growing need to help organizations navigate and take advantage of the opportunities that come with true reconciliation with Indigenous people. This need spans all of KPMGs advisory service practices. What you will do
You will be part of the team delivering high quality services to public and private sector clients and contributing to growing and advancement of the Indigenous economy across the province of British Columbia. To achieve this you will:
What you bring to the role
- Be accountable for planning and carrying out Indigenous engagement, working collaboratively with Indigenous nations and organizations, and contributing to the development of the Indigenous infrastructure practice.
- Lead on developing and fostering relationships with First Nations Bands and Leaders across BC.
- Support provincial implementation of Indigenous relations to increase collaboration and potential business opportunities with communities and Indigenous businesses.
- Ensure projects consider the needs and implications for First Nations across BC.
- Advise major capital project owners across a wide variety of industries and sectors on new and innovative ways to partner with Indigenous people.
- Managing teams of KPMG advisory personnel including training and mentoring of junior staff and contributing to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team
- Our team operates in an adaptable environment - clients change, projects proceed to new phases, new challenges arise, and client requirements change. This results in an exciting environment in which to work and gives members of the team the opportunity to stretch their capabilities and develop new areas of expertise.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree , or equivalent professional education.
- 15+ years of industry experience with proven experience working with First Nations communities including knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, values and rights.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Culture, Governance, Treaties and Rights, Reconciliation and Indigenous History in BC and Canada.
- Excellent technical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record at managing multiple and competing priorities within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate (verbally and in written form) and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients.
- The ability to travel within Canada and abroad, as necessary, is also critical to this role.
- Preference may be given to people who are Indigenous.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .