Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking for a Firmware QA Analyst that will be an integral part of the development process that ensures the uncompromising quality of our products. Our company offers a challenging, collaborative and engaging environment where staff members are valued and appreciated and employee happiness is our top priority.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage, for you and your family.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being.
- An annual performance bonus.
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers.
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it.
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing.
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Develop and execute test plans for new firmware features and complete products
- Maintain and improve firmware test plans
- Ensure the completeness of the testable acceptance criteria for all features and issues
- Work directly with Development to diagnose and validate complex issues
- Maintain and enhance our automated black-box test tools
- Mentor new employees and co-op students
- Technical degree or diploma with relevant experience
- Proven ability and desire to learn about, test and diagnose complex technical systems
- Very good understanding of IP-based communications protocols and IT infrastructure
- Experience in writing test plans, executing tests and assessing issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to isolate problems to repeatable steps
- Very strong communication skills
- Comfortable writing Python and using Wireshark