Who we are:
Reliable Controls is dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint of buildings around the world. Our team specializes in the design, development, and assembly of building automation controls and software programs.
We align ourselves with the right people and empower them in the right ways. An established company based in Victoria, BC, we nurture a strong culture of communication, trust, and collaboration. Embracing a work-life balance, promoting continuous learning, and celebrating our achievements are a few of the ways we show our enduring commitment to employees. Let's combine our passions for building a greener future!Your mission:
To develop and maintain firmware for embedded Linux and RTOS based products following our agile development process. Create, document, and review firmware designs to ensure they meet requirements. Provide bug fixes and support to dealers and customers as required.What we offer:
• Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
• A yearly RRSP contribution on the company's behalf, plus an employee contribution-matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
• An annual performance bonus
• Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your coworkers
• Free convenient parking, or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it
• Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights, and LAN parties to camping and skiing
• Free on-site gym at both locations
• Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
• Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
• A rewarding career doing work that mattersWhat we hope to create:
Solutions for building operators to enable the vision of Net-Zero Emissions by 2050. Help us get there. In this role you will:
• Design and develop firmware for embedded Linux and RTOS based products using test driven development techniques.
• Perform formal and informal tests as required.
• Work closely with the Hardware, Software, and QA teams to ensure features are properly implemented and tested.
• Document work which may include writing and/or updating specifications, design documents, user manuals or help files.
• Provide technical support to our dealers and customers as required.
• Enhance systems and tools used in firmware development.
• Mentoring other developers.
• Assist in the documentation of SR&ED claims.You'll have access to:
• An onboarding package to get you up to speed
• Online training courses
• Week-long classroom training course (with actual customers, side-by-side)
• A mentor
• Innovation days
• A yearly training allowanceThis role might be right for you if you have:
• Electronics Technology diploma, Engineering degree, Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
• 3 years' experience in C/C++ programming
• Any development experience in Linux and RTOS environments
• Familiarity with Agile development (Scrum, Kanban)
• Any Experience with ARM based processors
• Experience using advanced IDEs such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, and IAR
• Working experience with IP based communications protocolsYou'll be successful in this position if you:
• Are an enthusiastic, innovative individual who cares about sustainability
• Work effectively within a highly collaborative group
• Look for ways to have a meaningful impact on your team's work
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Like a challenge and want to grow professionally
• Value a healthy work-life balance; we don't expect you to work overtime or weekends
At Reliable Controls, it's not only experience and skills we are seeking; alignment with our values is of the utmost importance to us. Continuous improvement is vital to our organization, and we are prepared to invest in our team's future, not just their current abilities. Let's connect. We would love to hear from you!
https://reliablecontrols.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=73 Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Software and Programming