VANCOUVER The Opportunity:
WSP is currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to join our Mechanical department located at our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Director of Building Mechanical and Electrical. Responsible for fire protection systems design, assuming the role of fire protection engineer of record for projects out of local offices, the successful candidate will prepare detailed designs and hydraulic analysis of fire protection water supplies for a variety of institutional, residential, light industrial, commercial, health care and recreational building projects. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
A day in the life would include the following types of functions:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Site investigations, design calculations, preparation of drawings and specifications, professional review and acceptance of systems;
- Primarily desktop with regular site work, the position is client-facing and requires the ability to represent WSP to clients and contractors;
- Working with other professionals, you will deliver successful projects within exceptional quality, on-budget and on-schedule results;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- A recognized degree in Engineering or Applied Science with a valid P. Eng. license registered with EGBC;
- Previous experience in the design of fire suppression systems, fire pumps and water supplies for firefighting in commercial, healthcare, industrial and education projects;
- 5 - 8 years of relevant experience in the design of fire suppression systems.
- Experience with laying out and hydraulically sizing the fire protection systems using commercially available software
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.