Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The Finishing Superintendent is a key member of the Plant Management team and as such is responsible for providing overall leadership for the Planer, from the Dry Kilns to the Finished Inventory.
- Ensure the highest level of workplace safety performance
- Provide direction and support for operating and supervisory personnel and foster a highly effective working relationship with all employees
- Assist in developing and achieving targets in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Ensure the Canfor Operating System (COS) is being followed with the emphasis on abnormality response
- Liaise closely with all other departments; Log yard, Sawmill, Maintenance, and Shipping
- Provide development for supervisory personnel
- Develop and meet targets in safety, quality, cost, and production
- Prioritize maintenance needs while providing direction and support
- Proven ability in safety, leadership, and achieving goals
- A good understanding of maintenance and technical aspects of lumber manufacturing
- Experience with automated grading systems and planer optimization
- Experience as a supervisor or superintendent in wood products manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills
- A lumber grading ticket
- Lumber drying experience/education would be beneficial
- Proficiency in contemporary business management skills (MS office, an understanding of financial principals)
- Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of working in continually changing internal and external business conditions
- An effective communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills
To be considered for this position, please apply today.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.