We're looking for an experienced Financial Systems Analyst
to maintain, evaluate, and improve WorkSafeBC's financial systems and our business operations and processes.
We want to hear from you, if you can provide operational and technical business support to the users of our financial systems! In this role, you'll support financial systems business configurations; diagnose the cause of system or security issues; and develop automations, reports, and tools. You'll find technical solutions for business users' needs, providing individualized customer service while working collaboratively with a close-knit team. How you'll make a difference:
You'll help protect the financial integrity of B.C.'s workers' compensation system, ensuring we serve British Columbians now and in the future. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office. What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you?
- Respond to calls from users, troubleshoot issues, and find solutions
- Identify new processes and solutions, including automations
- Maintain and improve existing financial systems
- Identify, define, and create new business reports while maintaining existing reports
- Help identify and plan for the impact of upcoming changes on business software
We're looking for someone who can:
Your background and experience
- Understand and analyze the functions of a financial system and perform configuration
- Use desktop/developer tools to solve day-to-day problems (e.g., MS Power Platform tools, MS Office tools, MS Access, MS Excel)
- Perform investigative and informational queries using Structured Query Language (SQL) tools
- Provide support in the areas of general ledger (GL), accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), purchasing, budgeting, payroll, and general accounting principles
- Give technical explanations verbally and in writing
- A degree or diploma in a related discipline, such as financial or computer systems technology
- A minimum of three years of experience providing operational business support to the users of a finance-based business software system (e.g., enterprise-based financial software packages that include GL, AP, AR, purchasing, budgeting, or payroll accounting)
- An understanding of the debits and credits behind financial transactions in software terms
We'll consider equivalent combinations of education and experience. Learn more:
For more information about this position, including the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs); job description; and awareness items, see the job profile on WSN. Want to apply?
Important to know
- You must apply by 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- This position may be filled by a pre-posting placement as per Article 15.01 in the WCB/CEU Collective Agreement .
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
- If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Extensive health care and dental benefits
- Optional leave and earned-time-off arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer . Want to apply?
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Banking, Finance and Insurance