CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
. Job Overview
This role provides sales support to assigned Advisors in managing their portfolios and maximizing their productivity by providing administrative support and high quality customer service to customers. As a member of the CIBC High Value team, support may include assisting the advisor with specialized knowledge in credit, investments, small business or other areas identified to meet client needs. What You’ll Be Doing
- Service the financial needs of clients in partnership with the Advisor(s) and coordinate transactional needs of customers, as required
- Service the financial needs of High Value walk-in clients requests during times when the Advisor is not available and resolve customer issues, concerns and/or problems promptly as required Ability to establish healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers
- Assist the Advisor by booking client appointments, uncovering sales opportunities and preparing client files using tools required to provide the ideal client experience What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Should have previous financial services experience
- Should have strong knowledge of banking products and services
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have initiative and the ability to build strong relationships What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan , competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition
, Learning & Development
, and Employee Community Involvement What You Need To Know
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role