Great opportunity for a senior-level and well-rounded corporate FP&A professional who wants to work for a reputable Canadian organization. Candidates must have at least 5 years relevance experience and a finance designation or certification (CPA, CFA, perhaps MBA-Finance). Excellent business communication skills (verbal and written) are paramount as this role is heavily focused on relationship building and liaising. Full-time permanent role, based in Vancouver or Toronto.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a reputable and well-managed technology company with close to 1000 employees. It is a company that promotes an innovative, passionate, and values-based work culture, as well as good work-life balance.
What- the Opportunity:
Our client is seeking a new FP&A Business Partner who will act as a strategic liaison between the FP&A department and various corporate departments and who will report into the Director, FP&A. The Business Partner (BP) will build relationships with executives and senior management to gain understanding of the inner functions of the department and establish how FP&A can help the business. The BP will develop KPIs, budgets, forecasts, and dashboards, and will partner with Analysts to determine what data is needed for both routine and ad hoc analysis. Tools used will include Excel and Tableau. This role requires excellent business communication skills (both verbal and written) as well as great relationship-building abilities. Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a thorough job description.
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for FP&A professionals who are self-motivated and able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Canadian or International CPA designation (CMA, CA, or CGA) and/or CFA and/or MBA-Finance.
- At least 5 years’ relevant, progressive accounting & finance work experience, with at least 3 of those years focused on FP&A.
- Excellent business communication skills, with the ability to partner with colleagues in non-finance functions. Ability to “tell the story” and distill the data and numbers in a concise and clear business manner.
- Process improvement mindset, with ability to seek out and then implement new efficiencies.
- Systems savvy with ability to learn new finance systems quickly. Must have advanced proficiency in Excel and Excel-based financial modeling (ability to use models on a daily basis, ability to create new models from scratch is an asset but not required). Experience using Tableau is a significant asset.
- Experience preparing concise and clear written materials for the review of Senior Executives to aid in making strategic business decisions.
- Comfort and confidence working in a fast-paced and high-change organization.
Working from home for foreseeable future due to physical distancing. Longer term, the FP&A Business Partner will be working out of Vancouver or Toronto.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience- please discuss further with Swim. The company also provides a robust bonus plan, an RRSP match, PD support, a flexible health & dental benefits plan, and other perks.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving extremely quickly, so please don’t hesitate to apply if you are qualified for and interested in this unique FP&A business partnership role. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out to that person directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance