Hyperwallet is a rapidly growing international mass payment provider, and a recognized industry innovation leader. We provide efficient, quick and cost-effective payment solutions for a wide-range of companies, touching millions of payees. Hyperwallet is seeking a hands-on, Financial Intelligence Operations Director in support of its global AML/CTF Compliance Program.
The working management position will ensure the delivery of the Company’s AML/CTF Compliance Program and will manage teams responsible for AML/CTF transaction monitoring, sanctions alert reviews, as well as suspicious activity and fraud investigations. In the execution of duties, the successful candidate will be exposed to anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA), and associated CIP/KYC requirements, Financial Action Task Force (FATF), and other relevant legislation, regulations, and internal policies and procedures applicable to the Hyperwallet entities as regulated money services businesses.
The Financial Intelligence Operations Director role is located in our Vancouver, BC office and will report directly to the SVP of Global Risk Management. The position will have direct managerial responsibility for AML/CTF Compliance team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform tasks along with and supervise a team of AML/CTF Compliance Analysts, guiding and working closely with the team to ensurethat Hyperwallet’s AML/CTF compliance policies and procedures and day-to-day activity are consistently and correctly executed including those related to:
- Performing screening for Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs) and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
- Identify and monitor for and investigation potential suspicious activity and fraudulent transactions which may indicate potential money laundering or terrorist financing in violation of applicable laws and the Company’s AML/CTF Compliance Program
- Prepare and file various suspicious activity reports as required by applicable law (e.g. SARs, STRs, SMRs, etc.) and serve as 1st-level reviewer/approver of suspicious activity reporting.
- Prepare and file various other transaction-related reports as required by applicable law (e.g. EFTs, IFS, etc.).
- Actively identify and provide suggestions of improvement to the Global and AML Officer to achieve best practice in assessing potential AML/CTF risk exposures and a streamlining process in new verticals.
- Communicate Hyperwallet’s AML/CTF compliance policies and procedures to internal staff.
- Assist in the management of projects to accomplish the Chief Legal Officer’s department priorities, including assigning tasks to the team and tracking progress.
- Assist during internal audits, regulatory examinations, and financial partner reviews.
- Assist in training staff on compliance awareness, specifically AML/CTF regulations and practices.
- Assist in ongoing update to compliance policies, procedures and risk management controls.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in relevant field(s) required.
- At least 5-7 years relevant experience in the financial regulatory, payment operations, or banking service function is required.
- Effective and constructive team leadership skills and abilities strongly desired.
- CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) certification.
- Working knowledge of relevant AML/CTF legislation and regulations in the U.S. and/or Canada with the desire to learn similar requirements of other jurisdictions.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills required. This position will require a great deal of communication and correspondence with internal and, to a certain extent, external parties and the Candidate must be able to express him or herself in a professional and effective manner in English.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced high-tech environment – i.e. the ability to deliver high quality results under time pressure and handle several projects at once. Strong expertise of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with AML/CTF monitoring solutions (RDC, LexisNexis, etc.) an asset.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn.
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:January 13, 2018