Seeking Managers from public practice (ideally Big 4) for a Financial Controller position with our fast-paced, growing publicly-listed mining client. Learn from and work alongside a reputable and tenured leadership team.
Who - the Company:
Our client is a publicly traded mining company located in downtown Vancouver. Led by a strong Board of Directors and a tenured workforce, they operate in various different countries and are committed to actively pursuing its key development targets. One entity will be going public next month, so this Controller will have exposure to the IPO.
What - the Role:
The Controller will report directly to the CFO and will be accountable for the accounting operations of the companies, specific to all corporate reporting and due diligence on acquisitions. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for producing company’s monthly, quarterly financials, while assisting management in developing yearly budget and yearly business plan
- Provide leadership in departmental budget control, cost/benefit analysis, and provide financial information and recommendations to management
- Preparation of audit files, accounting memos and working papers
- Annual tax preparation for external advisors
- Accountable for treasury functions, acquisition valuations and ad hoc reporting functions
Who - the Candidate:
- Public practice experience at one of the Big 4 accounting or mid-size firms
- Accounting Designation coupled with degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- Must have public company and IFRS experience.
- Mining or experience in natural resources preferred.
- Hands-on experience with acquisitions and valuations considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
Currently most employees of this company are working from home due to Covid-19 physical distancing. Longer term the Controller will work from the corporate office in Downtown Vancouver.
Base salary commensurate with experience around $100k base. Benefits include stock options, discretionary bonus, health and dental, and 3 weeks’ vacation.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving extremely quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance