Requisition ID: 165100
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, as a Financial Consultant - Early Career Segment, you will be responsible for prospecting, retaining and growing MD's market share in the medical student and resident communities.
• You will build rapport and trusted relationships with MD clients through active listening and by developing an appreciation of what's important to them. You'll recommend an approach based on their level of understanding and interest, tailored to their specific needs.
• You will be accountable for the completion of financial plans and in the areas of risk management, estate planning, liability management, cashflow/budgeting, education funding, tax, retirement planning, investment management, practice management and goal setting.
• You will recommend investment strategies based on MD Management developed and managed optimal portfolio ranges, ensuring compliance with all industry regulations, MD program and process requirements and Scotiabank risk appetite and culture.
• You will prepare and execute quarterly business plans to aid in the meeting of individual, regional and corporate targets.
• You will participate and/or conduct financial planning seminars and other Early Career hosted events throughout the region to enlighten clients through financial literacy and MD Management overall offerings.
• You will partner with MD marketing and management concerning potential new products and services.
What MD Expects of You:
• A desire to learn - to further your knowledge of not only MD products, but also tax, investment trends, products and other concerns that may impact your client base.
• An appreciation of compliance - an understanding of MDFM internal trading policies, rules of the stock exchange, industry regulations and associated requirements, guidelines of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada and, an appreciation for Scotiabank's commitment to ethical day to day activities and decisions.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
• A high level of comfort with technology to support virtual meetings and CRM.
• Confidence - in yourself, in MD's products, in asking for the business
• Marketing Savvy - the ability to identify opportunities for new product and service enhancements and present recommendations to both existing and potential clients and through contacts at various centres of influence .
• A commitment to an exceptional client experience - regularly delivering an exemplary ensuring accuracy of administration of all client transactions, monitoring of issues, and facilitating resolution of client concerns.
The Must Haves:
• University degree in business, commerce or equivalent degree related to the practice of financial planning
• IIROC as a Registered Representative (RR)
• Completion of the Canadian Securities Course, the Conduct & Practices Handbook and 90 day training is preferred, but will consider MFDA licensed candidates
• Completion of Life License and the willingness to complete other regulatory requirements
• Ability to travel
• Proficiency in Canada's two official languages is an asset
• We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
• We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
• We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
• We know that financial security is important to you and we're here to help - competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
• We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable - we offer a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with MD. Our team environment ensures you're able to take time off without worrying about your clients.
• We understand that cost-effective banking solutions mean more money in your pocket - through our partnership with Scotia, we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
• We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, as an employee of MD you'll have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Investment Banking, Financial, Consultant, Consulting, Finance, Contract
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive