We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
As a Financial Associate, you have a desire to work within a team dedicated to client service excellence, mentor under experienced Investment Advisors, and establish & grow your career as an Advisor. One of your primary responsibilities will be coordinating the various aspects of the investment management strategies including creating and maintaining Investment Policy Statements, Investment Research, Portfolio Rebalancing, developing Investment Proposals, and a variety of Portfolio and Account Trading. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating the various aspects of integrated wealth planning including methodically gathering financial information, inputting the information, creating financial plans, and developing client Personal Financial Organizers (PFO). You can look forward to continuously working on business development in the form of networking and relationship building to build the client base. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Strong relationship building and networking skills - To build connections, generate opportunities and deliver bottom line results. This role is ideal for an emerging Investment Professional who has a strong drive to succeed and will excel with performance-based compensation. You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, are actively involved in our community, and possess the networking skills to build long-term advisory relationships. You enjoy networking and attending various social events to build and maintain quality relationships.
- Client Engagement - Anticipate client needs and communicate promptly with your team to build trust and deepen client relationships. Identify activities, processes and opportunities to improve the client experience while keeping detailed records in CRM software. You know your strengths and can anticipate both the needs of our clients as well as the team. Responsible for coordinating our exceptional Onboarding Experience which includes a series of well-defined steps that happens from the moment we are introduced to a potential client to the point they are fully engaged as a new client
- Business Development - Proactively identify business opportunities for your team. Work closely with PM's to support business development activities and assist in the building of financial investment plans based on the client's profile, goals, and risk/reward tolerance. You will be the team's "technology quarterback," and assist with technology issues, recommend and introduce new technology as well as assist with training. You will be responsible for managing the Review Meeting process for all clients, making sure they are happening proactively, working collaboratively with others on the team, ensuring the Advisors are fully prepared to facilitate each Review Meeting as well as, assisting with Review Meeting follow up activities.
- Relationship Building - You thrive in a dynamic, fast paced professional work environment, and work effectively both independently and as part of the team. Heighten CIBC brand awareness in your community by attending local events and participating in marketing and outreach activities. Grow your network to create lasting connections that will generate future opportunities
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You're a certified professional . You have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university or a Financial Services focused 2 year diploma or certificate program. You have five years relevant business experience in the Wealth Management Industry with 3 years or more as a Registered Representative, with your Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices handbook (CHP). Registered Representative (RR) licensing. You understand that it is essential to continue learning and you will not hesitate to enroll in advanced programs and study on your own time.
What CIBC Offers
- You are a proven communicator. Excellent command of both spoken and written English is essential. Polished communication skills are required to work effectively with clients, influencers, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Mandarin and Cantonese an asset
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers , our social, points-based recognition program.
Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development. What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit .
Victoria-730 View Street, 9 Employment Type
Business, Human Resources (HR)
Customer Service and Support Other