This is a new and exciting role to address the evolving needs of our client as they are undergoing an implementation of a new ERP system. Consider this role a hybrid between financial analyst and ERP implementation support.
Who - the Company:
A reputable and forward-thinking international organization located downtown is seeking a Business Analyst to join their team.
What - the Role:
This role is a combination of backfilling for finance staff, assisting the ERP implementation team and contributing to the continual improvement of our Client’s financial analysis and reporting. This will be a very fluid role and the Controller is looking for someone who is quick to learn, has a positive attitude and who enjoys working on multiple tasks.
Finance responsibilities include gathering, compiling, and summarizing information in a complex environment, leveraging data to drive insight, and providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis. ERP responsibilities include testing system functionality, training staff on usage of the new system, leveraging the new ERP to produce improved financial reports and working with the external system implementer consultants. This individual will report to the Controller and work with the Finance and ERP implementation team on monthly accounting duties, ERP implementation testing and training, and ad-hoc activities as needed. This role will evolve over time as the company progresses through the ERP implementation and transitions to the new system.
INITIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, analyzes and interprets financial information based on trends, business objectives, internal and external drivers
- Keeps track of monthly and quarterly performance by comparing actuals versus expectations and enabling management to better use their resources and understand the results
- Assist with the posting and review of journal entries, vendor invoices, expense reports and monthly calculations as needed
- Assist with the ERP implementation as needed; tasks can include User Acceptance Testing, Process Documentation, Data Management and Report Building
- Work collaboratively with accounting, operational and other support teams
- Liaise with internal and external staff to support the daily activities of the ERP implementation
- Design and build customized reports based on Microsoft D365;
- Assist with cashflow management
- Complete special projects and other ad-hoc tasks as required.
Who - the Candidate:
- 3-5 years of solid technical financial analysis experience preferably in the professional services industry
- Strong understanding of finance and project management/accounting business processes and related reporting (e.g. billing, A/R, A/P, general ledger, planning, project accounting)
- Experience with Microsoft products is an asset (e.g. D365 F&O, Power BI, DevOps, Office 365, SharePoint)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL and database structures are a plus
- Quick learner, self-motivated, accountable and results oriented
- Ability to work independently and know appropriate time to seek guidance
- Ability to present complex issues concisely in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to support business decisions through relevant and detailed analysis
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Commitment to process improvement by identifying gaps and presenting solutions
Base salary commensurate with level of experience, bonus, robust benefits
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance