The Financial Analyst, FP&A plays an integral role in delivering financial planning & analysis at Seaspan Shipyards through financial modelling, scenario analysis, budgeting, forecasting and other value-added analytics. This position collaborates with teams across operating divisions to consolidate and analyze results, while helping drive standardization and performance across the organization. Duties/Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Performs analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting services; promotes systematic approaches to strategic planning processes, including long term profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Maintains and develops modeling to perform the analysis of Annual Operations Plan (AOP) as part of providing appropriate challenge and guidance to Senior Leadership and business units on revenue growth and cost reduction targets.
- Develops, maintains and updates Seaspan Shipyards short and long-term financial models, annual budget models and rolling monthly forecast models, including presentation of assumptions and validation of inputs.
- Defines, manages and coordinates the consolidated long term financial modelling, board reporting, annual budgeting, and monthly forecasting processes across Seaspan Shipyards.
- Prepares periodic cash position reports; assists in the development of the cash flow forecasting process for Seaspan Shipyards entities.
- Assists the Finance Manager, FP&A in driving standardized model and report formats and data definitions required for consolidated and divisional reporting.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and modelling for business case development, as assigned.
- Perform cost analysis to determine areas of possible inefficiency and communicate those to operational management to determine root cause and/or corrective action.
- Support divisions and financial services teams in the development and reporting of operational and financial metrics to support divisional decision making.
- Strategic and cost management projects, as assigned by the Finance Manager, FP&A.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance or related field of study, required - Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of financial analysis experience in a complex environment.
- Advanced experience with excel modelling and data analysis.
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritization and planning abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications, including ability to communicate with others with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, negotiating, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Goal oriented, open minded, and possesses a high level of integrity.
- Skilled at asking probing questions to deepen understanding of business issues.
- Logical and efficient.
- Enjoy hands on role and digging into the details.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis concepts, practices and procedures.
- Advanced Powerpoint, SAP BI/Power BI skills; database management skills a plus.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades