Fantastic career opportunity with one of Vancouver’s high profile global public companies. Great role for a CPA with strong technical accounting and finance skills honed within public practice and/or within a large and complex company. Fast-paced corporate work environment and tight-knit team culture!
Who- the Company:
Our client is a significant global public company headquartered in Vancouver. The company is well-established, and in the last 10 years they have created several new subsidiary public companies, formed a few joint ventures, and have diversified their business operations, all while remaining a leader in their primary industry. They have a reputation in Vancouver and beyond for hiring top talent, and for providing their employees with interesting and challenging work in a positive and professional environment. Swim Recruiting has been engaged to aid with this important search.
What- the Opportunity:
Financial Analyst. The new FA will have financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting, consolidations, and financial/variance analysis responsibilities for a large and complex business unit. Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a more thorough job description.
Qualifications- Must Haves:
- Relevant post-secondary education as well as CPA designation is required, coupled with 3+ years’ public practice training (or a combination of public practice and industry)
- Experience with public company reporting, either in-house or from public practice client portfolio. Hands-on US GAAP experience is strongly preferred, otherwise solid experience in IFRS with ability and willingness to learn US GAAP quickly.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Top-notch communication skills are important- ability to communicate effectively with individuals in all departments.
- Systems savvy.
Qualifications- Nice to Haves:
- Experience with SEC filings and XBRL filings.
- Exposure to a sophisticated ERP such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, Oracle, or SAP would be a great asset.
- Experience with a global and matrixed public company (in-house or as a client)
Downtown Vancouver in a beautiful corporate office.
Generous compensation commensurate with experience, please discuss with Swim. The total package includes overtime pay and a performance-based bonus.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this unique opportunity with a high-profile Vancouver corporation, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume in Word format