Fantastic FP&A opportunity with a well-established and well-loved Vancouver company with a global reputation. Diverse role involving revenue analysis, budgeting, forecasting, data mining, presentations, financial system optimisation, etc. Great role for someone who was originally an Accountant but who is now a Financial Analyst. Opportunity for long-term career growth! This company pays for overtime and has a good pension plan.
Who- the Company:
This organization is beloved by Vancouverites and by people around the world, and the company has won global awards and recognition. The company’s vision is to be top of class in their sector. This is a business that values people, diversity, sustainability & environmental responsibility, creativity, and community.
Our client has a dynamic corporate culture and the Accounting & Finance department employs close to 40 people. Many people have been loyal to this company for a long time, including the hiring managers for this role. This is a private and for-profit organization that has exciting plans for the years to come.
What- the Role:
SWIM has been engaged on behalf of our client to find them a new Financial Analyst. The new FA will have a very interesting and fluid portfolio of responsibilities. The company has a variety of significant revenue streams, all with different nuance, and the Financial Analyst will do data mining and financial analysis for all these streams. The FA will provide ongoing strategic analysis for the senior leadership in accounting & finance (Director of Corporate Finance, CFO, etc.) and in other corporate functions, and will give presentations on their financial analysis findings.
The role entails a mix of scheduled analysis (monthly, quarterly, annually) and ad hoc analysis. The FA will be using Excel and Excel4Apps a great deal, as well as the company’s ERP system and a custom-built BI tool. The FA reports into the Manager of FP&A and will work alongside 2 other Analysts.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking a well-rounded Accountant who discovered a talent and passion for FP&A and who is now firmly on the Financial Analyst career path!
- Candidates must have hands-on accounting work experience to understand how the FP&A ties into the accounting at this very complex company- i.e. understanding of financial reporting, general ledger, etc.
- Candidates must have their Canadian CPA, or International equivalent. Pursuit of CFA, MBA, or CBV is a significant asset but not required.
- High proficiency in Excel (including pivot tables) is a requirement for this role- the stronger, the better! For example, if a candidate understands how to use macros, that’s a big plus.
- Revenue recognition experience, with understanding of the differences between various revenue streams.
- Excellent budgeting and forecasting skills- the larger and the more complex the budgets and forecasts, the better.
- Experience with a tier 1 ERP is a plus, but not required. The new FA will have the opportunity to participate indirectly in a significant ERP project in 2022.
- Experience with BI tools is a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication skills with a team player attitude and the ability to build lasting business relationships and partner with people at all levels and in various departments.
As of now many employees are working from home with the occasional in-office day. Starting in 2022, employees will be asked to be in the lower mainland office a minimum of several days a month, and preferably 1-2 days a week in the long-term. Please discuss your work-from-home needs with SWIM.
Base salary is commensurate with experience, education/qualifications, and skills- starting at $80,000 and upwards from there. Additionally, employees who aren’t yet in management are eligible for 1.5x overtime pay- this is a huge perk! Much better work/life balance than many Financial Analyst roles in Vancouver. Employees also participate in a group pension plan. Professional Development is highly valued at this company, and they will support employees with relevant PD (for example, CFA, CBV, Excel financial modeling courses, etc.).
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly! SWIM is presenting short-listed candidates directly to the hiring team for review. If you are interested and would like to hear more about this great FP&A opportunity, please reach out to your contact at SWIM. If you do not yet have a Recruiter at SWIM, please hit “Apply Now” to send us your resume. Thanks!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance