Permanent Primary Location:
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Victoria Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.Are you interested in leading a high performing team of Advisors delivering projects to public sector agencies? Deloitte's Financial Advisory team in Victoria has an opportunity for you!What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will be working with Partners and senior leaders on developing and growing Deloitte's public sector accounts as well as building and maintaining networks among senior civil servants to grow Deloitte's presence in the public sector market. Moreover, the successful candidate will coach and mentor junior staff members as well as contribute to initiatives and planning for national or global initiatives.About the team
Deloitte Financial Advisory practice delivers insight and advice at every stage of the life cycle. Collaborating to create solutions that help sustain value in mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, forensics, economic advisory, value advisory services, analytics and data applications and modelling.
The BC Public Sector Account team is a group of high-performing and experienced professionals who are passionate about making an impact that matters to the government and citizens of British Columbia. We work in a highlycollaborative, fast-paced, multi-service delivery environment that puts quality and the best interests of our clients first.Enough about us, let's talk about you #deloitteFA
You are someone with:
• A civil engineering undergraduate degree, an MBA or equivalent OR an accounting designation (CPA)
• 7+ years' experience working in the public sector or with public sector clients
• Strong planning and leadership skills
• Sales experience would be considered an asset
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production