Our Penticton branch is seeking a Financial Advisor who will proactively support our members' financial wellness by engaging in deep conversations to truly understand their goals, needs, and money pain points by providing personalized solutions that fulfill their life, business, and financial goals. Do you want to help make members' financial dreams come true? Join our mission to help our members prosper and apply for this opportunity today!
What you'll do:
* Proactively provide financing and investment advice to members and recommend personalized solutions including mortgages, consumer loans, lines of credit, protection, credit cards, term deposits, registered plans, and mutual funds.
* Underwrite consumer loan applications and submit mortgage applications to our Centralized Mortgage Centre.
* Meet with members to complete real estate secured lending (mortgage) applications.
* Provide investment advice and recommendations for personalized solutions to members including monthly investment plans, term deposits, registered plans (RRSP, RRIF, RESP, and TFSA) and mutual funds.
* Hold advice-based investing conversations for mutual fund solutions based on members' needs and refer members to other specialists where applicable.
* Provide credit card solutions to members, seeks to understand card spend activity and recommends personalized card solutions that meet member needs
* Drive smart growth through proactively reviewing sales, activities, and promotions that will achieve individual and organizational goals
* Build strong relationships with our front-line staff to provide mentorship that supports and encourages advice conversations with members and referrals to the Advisor team.
What you'll need:
* Resilient, adaptive and thrives in an environment of ongoing change and fast-paced teams
* Active within your community and eager to make a difference
* Superior communication and relationship building skills
* Well-developed knowledge of daily banking and investment products and services including consumer lending products
* Basic financial services business acumen
* To be mobile-enabled to meet with members during or outside of regular business hours
* To be flexible as Saturdays may be included in work days required
Your ideal qualifications:
* Two plus years in the financial services industry
* Two plus years of mortgage lending experience including lending to self-employed individuals
* Mutual fund sales experience
* Mutual fund license is a mandatory requirement of the role.
What's in it for you?
* Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee's growth and development and we want to see you soar. There are a number of career pathing options this position leads to, let us be your springboard.
* Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
* Show me the money! We also offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits program and a generous defined benefits pension plan.
* Community Focused: We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We provide a paid volunteer day and many community-minded activities throughout the year.
* Grow your dream with us! Be part of exciting growth happening now at Prospera. Vision 2020 and our Vision, Purpose, and Values guide our company and we want you to be part of it! How to Apply
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=6a5e85a9d17974b7fd736d0b9f57e2ef
Banking, Finance and Insurance