Coast Capital Savings Wealth Management Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey Job Type:
Full-Time Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
The Financial Advisor establishes and deepens member relationships by providing Goals Based Advice to our members through inbound and outbound calling activities. This position provides high quality; fast paced, personalized investment service and advice. While portraying a knowledgeable and helpful image, as a member of the Investment Services team, the Financial Advisor fulfills growth objectives in wealth while supporting other channels through the distribution process, thus contributing to the overall profitability of Coast Capital. As the Contact Centre operates on a six-day shift, 12 hours per day, flexibility to work shifts of varying hours is part of this role. What you'll get to do:
Although work from home is required in the short-term, options to work from an office location and/or continue to work from home in the medium to long-term are under review. Who are we looking for?
- Be in continual telephone contact with current and prospective customers, developing and creating new business opportunities.
- Accurately and promptly process all administrative transactions which may include: Annual or semi-annual Investment account reviews; Updating Client information and Know Your Client (KYC) details. Keep and maintain accurate CRM opportunities and interactions.
- Work as part of the team to fulfill seamless banking, investment and insurance services to customers.
- Provide coaching, training and mentorship to peers, encouraging and providing cross-sharing of knowledge, on-the-job applications and experience among team members and between teams.
- Fulfillment of high quality investment advice and services through a prudent implementation of simple investment solutions aligned to risk tolerance, investment objectives, time horizon, and investment knowledge (KYC) while increasing profitability for the organization within the division strategy.
- Develops and provides simple financial help strategies for customers including, but not limited to: retirement, education, asset allocation and risk management. Recognize opportunity to simplify the portfolio and reduce risk through the use of Coast Capital Mutual Funds where appropriate.
- Manages and deepens customer relationships through the HELP platform to ensure a consistent image in service delivery both externally to attract new customers and internally to retain and build on previously established relationships with Coast Capital.
- Increases share of wallet of our customer base through effective distribution of customers to other internal experts where required and outside of the scope of own responsibilities. Measured through qualified referrals and products per customer.
- Using the Financial Service Needs Analysis (FSNA), identifies sound insurance solutions "to protect what is important to our customers" through referrals to Coast Capital Financial Management.
- Responsible for seeking solutions to improve profitability and reduce risk within the AUA where appropriate.
Key skills required
- Completion of the Investment Funds Course (IFIC) and be eligible to be registered with the BC Securities Commission to sell mutual funds.
- Aptitude for telephone sales and the ability to deal effectively with customers in a demanding environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment using state-of-the-art technology in both the telephone equipment and software applications.
- PFP(or CFP) certification or be willing attain within 18 months of hire.
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of investment products
- Proficient with mutual fund products and administration
- Proficiency in sales process and producing results
- Solid knowledge with life insurance products and administration
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.