Excellent opportunity for a technically strong and senior-level Accountant who is excited to work for a significant global public company headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Prior public company accounting experience is highly preferred (multinational, multicurrency, multi-entity, highly complex).
Who- the Company:
Our client is a significant global public company headquartered in Vancouver with a dynamic corporate culture. The company is well-established, and in the last decade they have created several new subsidiary public companies, formed a few joint ventures, bought and sold entities, and have diversified their business operations, all while remaining a leader in their primary industry. They have a reputation in Vancouver and beyond for hiring top talent, and for providing their employees with interesting and challenging work in a positive and professional environment. Swim Recruiting has been engaged to aid with this important search.
What- the Opportunity:
The new Financial Accountant will be conducting full-cycle corporate accounting including working papers, variance analysis, complex reconciliations, intercompany balances, preparing financial statements, financial analysis, transfer-pricing, tax filings, process improvement, internal controls, etc.- generally contributing to high quality and efficient accounting processes for a very complex group of companies. The Financial Accountant will be working on the corporate/parent company team which is responsible for consolidating the financials of many large entities.
This is a challenging and interesting role and a great way to get to know the ins & outs of a complex global public company. Open to accountants living in Vancouver on an open Canadian work visa (with at least 18 months left on the work visa). Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a more thorough job description.
Who- the Candidate Qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education in accounting is required. CPA accounting designation (or International equivalent) is highly preferred- almost required!
- Experience using a sophisticated ERP system- such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics AX, etc.- is required.
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- At least 5 years progressive experience in accounting & finance.
- Public company reporting (XBRL filing, SEC reporting, etc.) is likely required. If no pub.co. experience, qualified candidates will have worked for large, high complex, multi-entity, and multinational private companies.
- Experience with US GAAP is strongly preferred, but not necessarily required for a quick learner with strong technical accounting skills in IFRS.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Top-notch communication skills (verbal and written) are important- ability to communicate effectively with individuals in a variety of departments and business units.
Initial training will likely take place in the company’s beautiful headquarters in the heart of downtown Vancouver, with Covid-19 physical distancing and safety measures in place. After training, the employee will likely work from home full-time, but will have the option to work from the office if preferred.
Total compensation commensurate with experience and skills- please discuss further with Swim Recruiting.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this great accounting opportunity with a high-profile Vancouver corporation, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance