Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, Seaspan Shipyards, the Finance Manager, FP&A is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities around financial planning and analysis for Seaspan Shipyards entities. This includes budgeting and business planning, short and long-term forecasting, cash position reporting, Board and senior management reporting, and strategic financial analysis and decision support. This role partners with executive management and business teams to consolidate and analyze results, while driving standardization and performance across the organization. Duties/Accountabilities
Education and Experience:
- Manage value-added and systematic budgeting and strategic financial planning processes, including long term profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts, to ensure that financial results are aligned with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Leads the analysis of Annual Operations Plan (AOP) to provide appropriate challenge and guidance to Senior Leadership Team and business units on revenue growth and cost reduction targets.
- Coordinate and facilitate strategic financial analyses, resource evaluation and scenario modelling, to support project prioritization and business decision-making.
- Drive forecast & reporting improvements that deliver improved forecast accuracy, visibility and / or efficiencies. Partner with Controller, Finance Systems Business Analyst and IT systems teams to deliver key financial system improvements.
- Interface with Corporate Finance counterparts on consolidating Seaspan Shipyards budgets, forecasting, cash flow and financials with Seaspan ULC where applicable.
- Manage the delivery of ad hoc and strategic analyses to enhance profitability and support key project initiatives, including operating cost review, profitability analysis and financing proposals.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis for operational costs, including direct and indirect spend, non-controllable costs and overhead expense.
- In collaboration with the Financial Systems Business Analyst, develop, implement and work with appropriate business intelligence and planning tools and dashboard reports to provide financial metrics to support the business.
- Manage the preparation of financial presentations to the Board of Directors and Leadership Team.
- Oversee and manage FP&A staff to support planning and reporting processes.
- Perform other FP&A duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, accounting or related discipline.
- MBA or accounting designation (e.g., CA, CPA, CMA) is desirable.
- 8 or more years of experience working in an industrial or projects environment.
- Experience modeling in Excel and building Powerpoint presentations.
- Experience working in an environment with sophisticated customers.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial analysis concepts, practices and procedures.
- Understanding of cash flow analysis and capital budgeting techniques.
- Strong expertise in Excel, SAP BI/Power BI for financial modeling and analysis.
- Strong quantitative skills, with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Thrives under pressure in a deadline-focused, fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners as a trusted and objective advisor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled at asking probing questions to deepen understanding of business issues.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades