DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services - now widely known as cloud computing - based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform.
AWS Application Integration Services Finance seeks a world class Finance Manager to be a key member of its team. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers, Engineers and GMs, to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership.
• Lead short- and long-term financial planning
• Build financial models for new business concepts, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
• Present financial summary and business insights to the business and finance leadership
• Develop and standardize financial reporting package
• Build processes and controls as the business grows
• Work on adhoc financial analyses and projects
This role requires a self-starter and independent individual with strong financial modeling abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field and a minimum 7+ years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 5+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA preferred
• Financial modeling, P&L management and/or analysis experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
• Strong business and finance partner experience; experienced in working with multiple stakeholders
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.