Are you looking for your next big opportunity? Want a high-visibility finance role directly influencing the future of a successful cloud computing business? Join the AWS Finance team!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Finance Analyst to support the Serverless (Messaging) team in Vancouver, Canada. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
As a Finance Analyst, you will partner closely with business leaders and their teams, providing strategic support by developing financial models and generating analytical insights to evaluate business opportunities and concepts, turning insights into operational measurements. Further, you will drive innovation to improve our planning and forecasting and business partnership processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Controllership: Ensuring all financial fundamentals and reports are correct and accurate
- Influencing business partner decisions through education and collaboration on marginal costs, pricing, customer adoption, etc.
- Collaborating with business partners to build and maintain detailed cost models
- Supporting the financial planning and forecasting activities
- Preparing and providing financial reporting including month-end financial results, communicating future financial risks and opportunities to the business
- Developing and standardizing financial reporting packages
- Working on ad hoc financial analyses and projects
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Experience in a business partnership and collaboration role
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with competing deadlines
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with mid to senior-level business partners
- Financial modeling and analysis experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Track record of managing multiple deliverables from multiple stakeholders to meet challenging deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Working knowledge or experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos), SQL and Data warehouses
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance