Position Summary Build a career with one of BC's Top Employers! www.bchousing.org/careers
Forward-Thinking | Client-Focused | Empowerment | Responsibility
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people's lives and communities.
What makes BC Housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference; an exciting opportunity awaits! Film & Special Events Assistant Job ID: 2577 Coquitlam (Riverview), BC POSITION SUMMARY:
The Film and Special Events Assistant provides administrative services for a variety of filming and special events at Riverview Lands and other PRHC owned/BC Housing managed properties. QUALIFICATIONS:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Secondary school graduation and completion of a number of post-secondary courses in business or program administration.
- Minimum of 3 years progressive, directly related experience in a comparable and highly computerized environment, including sound experience in program and contract administration
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying.
- In-depth practical knowledge and understanding of the practices and processes associated with filming licenses.
- Some knowledge and understanding of contract law, legal agreements and legal instruments
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Good knowledge and understanding of business tools, templates and processes to support administration functions
- Knowledge of and expertise in enterprise applications such as JDE, Oracle, as well as good knowledge and proficiency in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through skills; ability to work under direction of several people, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with a solid command of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no) The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We're also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
Follow us on Twitter @ BCHjobs to find out about positions as they come available.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers . This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.