Job Description Summary
Are you looking to use your engineering experience in a purpose-driven role? At STEMCELL Technologies, Canada's largest biotechnology company, your work will have a direct and positive impact on advancing scientific research in fields such as cancer, immunology, and tissue engineering. As a Field Service Engineer, you will work closely with our customers to ensure their instruments are operating optimally for their research needs including testing, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and assembly of STEMCELL instruments. This is an exciting opportunity to service our rapidly growing customer base in North America and contribute to our growing, international service team.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Perform on-site and in-house servicing, preventative maintenance, and installation of instruments and their components
- Propose solutions to instrument issues and service problems from low to moderate complexity
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone, email, and on-site service for operational or maintenance aspects of instruments to minimize customer downtime
- Maintain the fleet of demo instruments and ensure top performance by conducting regular inspections and repairs
- Complete service orders and relevant documentation
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical diploma with a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in field service in ISO 13485 or GMP environments
- Familiarity with robotics, vision systems, liquid handling, automation, machine controls, and software systems
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and diagrams
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Valid passport and driver's license
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Management and Executive