March 1, 2024 Job Summary
Galore Creek Mining Corporation is seeking a Field Operations Coordinator
to support field operations at the Galore Creek Project in northwest British Columbia. Reporting to the Field Operations Superintendent, this role is primarily responsible for coordinating and completing administrative tasks related to the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of the project in accordance with GCMC policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Overview
Galore Creek Mining Corp currently operates two camps on the project site. One road accessible camp (~96 person capacity) and one helicopter supported camp (~131 person capacity).Start date for this role is anticipated to be May 2024 and the role will be for approximately 5 months.
This po sition will be based at the Galore Creek project site on a 15 on / 13 off rotational basis inclusive of travel. This rotation is subject to change as the project requires.
Located in the territory of the Tahltan Nation in northwestern British Columbia, Galore Creek is one of the world's largest undeveloped copper-gold-silver deposits. Galore Creek Mining Corporation (GCMC), a partnership between Newmont Corporation (Newmont) and Teck Resources Limited (Teck), is committed to advancing the asset towards a development decision with meaningful input from the Tahltan Nation and BC regulators. GCMC highly values its long-standing relationship with the Tahltan Nation, and continues to implement the 2006 Participation Agreement, including involving the Tahltan Nation in regulatory processes and review of environmental performance, and providing preferential contracting and employment opportunities. Working closely with the Tahltan Nation and local communities, we strive for excellence in all our activities, with continuous improvement and responsible practices that contribute to sustainable development.
More information on the Project is available at www.gcmc.ca . Responsibilities
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, leading by example and fostering a proactive safety and sustainability culture on the common values of health, safety, environment, and social responsibility shared by Teck and Newmont (the Partners).
- Provide administrative support to the Field Operations Department, and the remainder of the Project staff, in the planning and coordination of travel and accommodation for GCMC personnel and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to, charter flights bookings, commercial flights bookings, and rental truck fleet coordination.
- Research, compile, process, and coordinate department data related to key performance indicators.
- Assist with workforce accommodation coordination and administrating room assignments and onsite personnel tracking using third-party software.
- Assist with purchasing and logistics of consumables, equipment, and supplies.
- Work with all Department Leads to identify, pursue, and deliver continuous improvement opportunities.
- Work as a liaison between the Field Operations Superintendent and Department Leads to plan, develop, implement, and improve field operations activities.
- Participate in GCMC Health and Safety program (Including participation in toolbox talks and regular safety meetings).
- Work with Department Leads on special projects.
- Other duties as required by the Field Operations Superintendent and Mine Manager.
The above accountabilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. Qualifications
- A technical university degree or diploma (ex. Bachelor of Science) is a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software is required.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to complete work in a timely manner is required.
- Advanced ability to multitask
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Previous experience working in mining, mineral exploration, forestry, or another industrial sector is an asset.
- Previous experience in project administration or as an administrative assistant is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a remote camp setting is an asset.
- Previous experience using Workforce accommodation scheduling software such as Nomadis or similar is a strong asset.
- Ability to work in remote terrain, uneven surfaces, and all-weather conditions.
- Hold a valid non-restricted Class 5 driver's license.
- WHMIS certification is an asset.
Pay Range (annualized salary) : $90,000 - $115,000
Pay Range (day rate equivalent) : $450 - $600 HOW TO APPLY
At Galore Creek, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Galore Creek respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Learn more about Galore Creek at www.gcmc.ca
#LI-DF1 Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Law, Administrative Assistant, Operations, Legal, Administrative, Research
Management and Executive Operations and Logistics