Intertek's Fire Extinguisher Recharge Locations (FERL) business provides customers with more than just code compliance; we offer a partnership that helps them differentiate themselves in the market. We work with clients to facilitate compliance with Canadian Provincial Building and Fire codes. Our expertise and customer centric approach helps our clients to reduce costs, maximize efficiency, and reach global markets faster. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for performing inspections at Fire Extinguisher Recharge Locations (FERL) to ensure that products are being serviced in accordance with established standards/requirements.
This is a Full Time
position that offers candidates a flexible work schedule & the ability to work from home. REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Inspection Manager. EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Document manufacturer's production and quality processes in an Initial Factory Assessment (IFA)
- Review required production tests, including methods, equipment used and calibration of equipment
- Inspect existing fire extinguishers for proper service/recharge/component details
- Review label inventory and control for proper usage of the marks and security of the marks
- Review non-compliances issued as a result of previous inspections and document those unresolved
- Compile and document compliances and non-compliances and advise client on proper resolution
- Communicate information between facility representatives and Intertek personnel.
- Complete and submit Follow-Up Service Inspection Report
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED and 10+ years directly related experience; Associates Degree in related area and 5+ years directly related experience; or Bachelor's Degree in related area and 1+ year directly related experience.
- Knowledge of Canadian National Building Code and National Fire Code
- Knowledge of Provincial Fire Codes a plus
- Knowledge of Fire extinguisher components/CO2/ Halon/Cartridge/High Pressure Hydro
- NFPA 10 certificate
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have access to the internet.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Must have strong computer skills.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to read small print with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to drive for prolonged periods of time during the daytime and evening hours