Action Data, a Paladin Security company, is one of Canada's leading technology contracting companies with expertise in all aspects of voice, data communications, wireless and electrical.
At Action, we care about our people and our environment. Our dynamic team allows employees at all levels contribute individually, and as a group, to the success of the organization. We encourage people to focus on the customer and exceed expectations. It is our goal to strive for excellence in every possible way, support each other and enjoy what we do.
The Fiber Optic Technician will be responsible for installation of fiber optic cabling infrastructure and devices for data, audio visual, and CCTV.
- Install and service cabling infrastructure and devices for Data, Audio Visual, and CCTV; includes pre-wiring, installation, termination, testing, reporting, and labeling per specifications and drawings
- Install network racks and cabinets in server rooms
- Installation and certification of copper and fiber optic cabling infrastructure by using Mass Fusion splicer, Optical Loss Test Set, OTDR and structured cable analyzer
- Troubleshooting and fault locating on live fiber network environments using OTDR, Power Meter and Fiber detectors
- Ensure that safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Complete detailed and accurate paperwork
- Perform other tasks as required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in structured and fiber optic network cabling and testing
- Post-secondary education in electrical, telecommunications, or electronics
- Experience with network planning and design for ISP networks
- Experience in repairing fusion splicer and/or tester equipment would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in fiber cable termination with connectors
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications
- Flexibility to work in varied environments, from construction sites to finished corporate offices
- Physical ability to perform requirements of job; strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Comfortable working at heights
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be bondable and able to pass a background check
- Strong problem solving skills
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to [email protected] or through www.actioncom.ca/careers.
Posted: November 28, 2016
Closes:January 27, 2017