Our downtown Vancouver client is one of British Columbia’s leading boutique law firms in the areas of construction, commercial and matrimonial dispute resolution and we are looking for a full-time Family Legal Administrative Assistant to join their team!
- Opening and maintaining files, ensuring policies and procedures are followed in accordance with firm guidelines, running conflict searches, dealing with a large volume of emails, maintaining calendars and bring forwards and preparing routine correspondence.
- Preparing, serving and filing court documents such as Notices of Trial, Notice of Change of Lawyer, etc.
- Scheduling trial dates, discoveries, meetings, conferences and confirming dates with all involved parties as required.
- Tracking deadlines to ensure compliance with court limitations.
- Providing administrative support including dicta-typing and preparation of monthly invoices.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary LAA program or the real world equivalent;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BC Supreme Court Rules, court practices and procedures and filing deadlines;
- Familiarity with Family Law rules and procedures would be a plus;
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work under pressure, complete tasks with speed and accuracy, and the ability to multi-task in response to changing situations;
- Meticulous attention to detail and desire to provide quality work with a high level of accuracy;
- Excellent judgement and the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters;
- High client service orientation;
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently, take initiative and be resourceful;
- Proficiency in file organization and time management;
- The ability to work overtime if required;
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience with PCLaw (not required, but an asset);
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Valid working visa candidates are welcome to apply.
They offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Their benefits include:
- Extended Health, Vision and Dental coverage
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Professional Development & Education reimbursement
- Vacation and Paid Sick time
- Matching Group RRSP plan
- Health & Wellness Allowance
- Firm Social Events