Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver Please apply online at www.deloitte.ca/careers to your job location preference. Be sure to visit our careers page to explore all Fall Co-op opportunities across Canada!
At Deloitte, we live and breathe the technology of tomorrow, turning innovation into insight and ideas into results. The firm serves a range of clients and businesses of all sizes to embrace exponential change, invest in innovation, and contribute boldly and meaningfully to the development of our community and nation. Working within 20 different industries, our firm is committed to building the economy and skillset Canada needs to compete globally.
At Deloitte, we believe in leveraging diverse perspectives for results and solutions that can't be matched. Our Consulting practice helps our clients lead in the markets where they compete today, and grow to where they want to compete in the future. No matter how complex the business challenge, our consulting professionals have the skills and experience to help our clients solve their most critical business challenges, while achieving sustainable results.Role Description:
We are currently looking for passionate and qualified professionals to join our Consulting practice. As a member of our Consulting practice, you will be part of a client engagement team with a specific set of responsibilities. Leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, analytical, and business management skills, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of impactful projects.
In our Consulting practice, we look for individuals to serve both functional and technical needs for our clients. Experience working with different technologies is considered an asset to help drive the technical side of our client projects, but we also welcome those with diverse business and client management skills to join the practice.
Your role as a functional candidate:
- Developing and executing strategies to address the key people issues associated with complex strategic change initiatives (e.g. corporate strategy implementations, new operating model implementations, managing organizational and strategic initiatives)
- Sharpen your analytical and business skills by working on real challenges alongside a team of professionals who are experts in their respective fields
- Work within a wide range of industries and service lines, performing research, data analysis and modeling to solve complex business problems
- A typical day may also see you contribute directly to the development of proposals, presentations, and publications
- Delivery Methodology (e.g., Lean / Agile / Scrum, SDLC / Waterfall) Productivity (e.g., MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project))
- Work within Supply Chain to help our clients to get their products where they need to be, on time and on budget. Our main areas of expertise include Supply Chain Strategy, Supply Chain Planning, Sourcing & Procurement, Logistics & Distribution, and Manufacturing Strategy & Operations.
- Work in the Operations Transformation team and help play a key role in strategic transformational projects that can have significant impacts on our clients business. Deloitte's Global Energy & Resources specialists provide comprehensive, integrated solutions to all segments of the Shipping & Ports, Oil & Gas, Power, Mining and Water sectors.
Your role as a technical candidate:
- Projects may range from large scale ERP application design and implementation, technology strategy and advisory, architecture design & development, enterprise software implementation and custom application / system design. Exposure to the full software development lifecycle is an asset.
- Experience and Knowledge in the following areas is an asset:
- Frnt-End and Back-End Development (e.g., HTML5, .NET, PHP)Enterprise Applications (e.g., SAP, Oracle EBS, PepleSoft, JDE, Wrkday, ServiceNw, Guidewire, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Siebel)
- Mbile Application Development (e.g., iOS, Android, BB, Windows)
- Database (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PL/SQL, MS Access)
- Infrastructure / Clud / Dev Ops (e.g., AWS, Azure, IBM, HP)
- Applicatin Integration
Successful candidates who demonstrate an interest in our Consulting practice will have the following attributes:
- Current student enrolled in post-secondary degree program, pursuing Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Commerce, Business, or other relevant Degree
- Current student available to work for the Fall work term (Sept - December)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Canadian travel required and occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
- Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
- Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firm
Only complete applications can be considered, please ensure to include the following: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript
You must indicate your office location and area of interest in your cover letter
Please ensure that institution information in your Deloitte profile is accurate and up-to-date
All applications must be submitted no later than May 27th 11:59pm MDT Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply