As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future
at the City of Surrey.
Union - CUPE Local 402
The exhibits officer is responsible for the recording, safekeeping and movements of exhibits taken into possession by members of the Detachment and Officers of other external agencies.
- Receives, checks, controls, maintains and ensures for the storage, security and movement of all exhibits for the Detachment.
- Lifts, sorts, arranges and stores items, as required; ensures that exhibits are maintained in the condition received.
- Maintains safe custody of the main exhibit room keys and ensures that all exhibits are safeguarded at all times.
- Assists in arranging special security for large narcotic seizures and/or exhibits of high monetary value.
- Assists in packing and shipping of drug exhibits.
- Keeps up to date with Court activity pertaining to exhibits and may give evidence in Court on continuity of exhibits.
- Responds to enquiries from internal and external sources on matters related to the work.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of files, records, ledgers and reports related to the work.
- Assists other staff in performing their duties.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by several business and computer application courses.
- Minimum of two years related clerical or warehousing experience in a police environment.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of an RCMP Reliability Security Clearance.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until July 2, 2019.
Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Law Enforcement and Security