We are assisting our client, a leading national firm, recruit a Executive Legal Administrative Assistant for its downtown Vancouver office. The successful candidate will provide a variety of routine legal and administrative duties to one Partner and one Associate focusing primarily on corporate, business, mergers and acquisitions, mining and securities law.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing legal documents from written and oral instructions and precedents in both corporate and securities law.
- Drafting routine correspondence on behalf of lawyers.
- Preparing and revising complex Visio, PowerPoint and Excel documents.
- Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Obtaining information and instructions from clients and forwarding to lawyers.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice, i.e., opening files, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- Managing bring forward system and keeping lawyers apprised of office matters.
- Providing support to lawyers and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Post secondary diploma or certificate in legal administration.
- A minimum of 3 years previous legal administrative assistant experience in corporate and securities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007 with advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Visio experience an asset.
- Superior organizational skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external clients.
- Able to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment all with minimal supervision.
Our client's success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. It encourages a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
Compensation is competative and comensurate with experience. If interested, please forward your resume to [email protected].