Executive Director - #2903-D
Community Service Sector
Fantastic opportunity to work in an organization that supports our veterans and truly makes a difference in the lives of Veterans and their families.
Who you are!
Our client is looking for a superstar who knows how to take things to the next level. Someone who is progressive with great people skills and a leader in every way.
Your familiarity with the Military, Police or Government will be a huge asset.
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the efficient management of all activities and programs as approved by governing authorities, including the Administrative Committee and the Board.
More specifically, this position is responsible for managing all staff; overseeing budget; providing support to elected officers and Committees; managing public relations for the organization; and interacting with governments, and building links with other organizations and at all levels of the organization.
- Lead The Organization by positively influencing others to achieve results to further the goals of the organization
- Plan, organize, direct and control the operation and administration of the office, including accounting, finances and budget preparation
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Advise the Administrative Committee on matters of concern
- Represent The Organization at official functions
- Track performance of Executive Officers and report to Administrative Committee
Planning and policy 30%
- Prepare short and long-range plans to assist the Administrative Committee in setting policy
- Advise and assist Committee Chairmen and the Administrative Committee in the formulation of plans, programs and policy and track committee performance
- Implement long-term development objectives and projects as established by Provincial Executive Council and the Administrative Committee
- Coordinate, edit and recommend documents for approval by the Command President, including briefs, submissions, position papers, letters and motions prepared for presentation to government officials and other organizations
- Assist the Finance Committee in maintaining a sound and appropriate investment strategy
- In consultation with Committee Chairmen, prepare budgets, expenditure forecasts and financial reports for approval by the Finance Committee to ensure programs are adequately funded
- Interpret Legion policy to staff, membership, media and the public
- Recommend policy initiatives to the Administrative Committee
Directing and controlling 20%
- Ensure effective financial management of The Organization resources including allocation and acquisition of funds subject to Finance Committee approval
- Review all external contract relationships regularly and recommend bid processes or supplier changes to Command Treasurer
- Conduct liaison with various levels of government, other Commands, Legion members and the public.
- Provide public relations support to The Organization including consultation with experts in the field as necessary
- Direct and coordinate The Organization ceremonies
- Provide prompt action on requests, inquiries, appeals and complaints in accordance with the requirements of the general by-laws
- Liaise with various levels of government, fraternal organizations and the public in alignment with the Administrative Committee
- Prepare, organize and direct support of The Conventions
- Manage The property and facilities
- Hold and control use of the Seal of The Organization of The Royal Canadian Legion
Where is it based?
Convenient Fraser Valley location
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to not for profit / voluntary organizations, including human resources and financial management
- Senior management training and experience
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to The Royal Canadian Legion
- Experience as a facilitator; adept at building consensus and managing conflict resolution
- Demonstrated skill as a communicator; able to speak effectively in public, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Proven organizational skills and generally just be person your company couldn’t run without
- Familiarity with The Royal Canadian Legion and its programs and operations
- University business degree or equivalent experience
- Financial and management information systems background
- Familiarity with provincial government operations
- An understanding of charities, their operation and reporting requirements
- Change leadership
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Well organized and able to successfully work on multiple projects
- Flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Strong understanding of ethical behaviour and business practices, ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of The Royal Canadian Legion
- Able to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external individuals and organizations to meet or exceed their expectations within the parameters of BC/Yukon Command
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Strong project management skills
Experience in any of the below:
- Government, Not for Profit or Public Service
- Human Resources
- Project Management
This position requires occasional travel, including evenings and weekends, as well as occasional periods of prolonged hours to accommodate activities such as board meetings and representing The Organization at public events.
Timeline for this role
Within the next 30-40 days
What’s in it for you?
Great hours and a job that is so much more than that. You will help everyday, the lives of Veterans and their families. What a chance to be proud of what you do.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference #2903-D, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.