Executive Director, Regional Cancer Centre BC Cancer - Vancouver Vancouver, BC
You are a senior health care leader who has an equally deep appreciation for leading people with vision and for compassionate cancer care. Cancer care is a professional passion which you approach with hope bursting in your heart and ideas percolating in your head. An accomplished team leader, your stand-out skills are in building collaborative teams, spurring innovative problem solving, and promoting an inclusive and caring culture of work that extends to staff, program partners, and patients and their families. Solid business acumen backs up your people-first approach to your work, and you are confident in transferring strategies and initiatives from paper to practice. Above all, you're excited for the opportunity to lead a fantastic group of health care professionals and make a difference in cancer care across British Columbia! What you'll do
What you bring
- Oversee the regional management and leadership in all operational areas of the Regional Cancer Centre: clinical patient care, financial and human resources management.
- Provide collaborative leadership together with the Executive Medical Director: plan and deliver regional cancer services in partnership with the Regional Health Authority; coordinate a consistent approach to communications between regional medical and operational teams; foster a supportive group culture and shared unity of purpose.
- Work with regional and provincial leaders to align provincial standards among regional medical and operational teams; coordinate resource deployment for cancer control across the region.
- Inform, create and lead regional implementation of the provincial planning framework's strategic initiatives for cancer care.
- Ensure BC Cancer's strategic goals and directions are implemented and evaluated.
- Support professional practice leaders to provide an exceptional patient experience / focus approach, lead, design, implement, coordinate and evaluate clinical processes.
- Direct the ongoing implementation of quality, safety, risk management standards: emergency management, infection control, disaster planning, fire and safety, occupational health and safety, essential services, business continuity planning, and first aid for the Regional Cancer Centre.
- Collaborate with Provincial Patient Safety, Professional Practice, Quality and Research portfolios to support, lead and promote the integration of quality improvement, research and evidence-based practices at all levels of the care processes.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Master's degree in a relevant healthcare discipline (e.g. Healthcare Management, Science - Nursing) or equivalent education, training and experience
- 10+ years' progressive leadership experience in health care (within an oncology setting preferred but not essential), including responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex service delivery systems
- Leadership competencies as outlined in the LEADS Framework: leads self, engages others, achieves results, develops coalitions, transforms systems
Skills and Experience
What's in it for you
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate teamwork, inter-agency coordination and interdisciplinary communication
- Lead staff, physician, and stakeholders to build and sustain mutually beneficial working relationships and collaborate in partnership to achieve shared goals.
- Negotiates, mediates, and resolves issues and conflicts with compassion, innovation, communication, and forward-thinking solutions.
- Enthusiastic in efforts to align initiatives and operations with the strategic direction of the organization
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Full-Time Location:
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver Hours:
Monday - Friday, 0800-1600 Closing date:
Applications accepted until position is filled Requisition Number:
107860 Apply today for this exciting opportunity ! What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.