Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are... We are looking for a special someone to help grow the community of a socially savvy senior executive. You are a social media native with a DIY approach to conquering the Internet. Tweaking a newsletter? Finding great content? Interviewing an internet celebrity? Optimizing social ads? Taking the perfect Instagram? You know how to do it already, or you’ll damn well figure out how. Nothing gets in your way. You are a fearless, creative ideator who has a track record of turning your ambitious plans into action. You’re Great At...
Hootsuite is in search of a seasoned social specialist and strategic thinker to help support our executive thought leadership program, as part of the corporate communications team.
The role will report to the PR Manager responsible for executive communications, and is a key contributor in turning an executive’s vision or idea into compelling content that influences, educates, and engages target audiences important to the executive and Hootsuite.
- Growing an already strong personal brand to massive scale on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn - #BSU
- Mastering a tone of voice, to communicate naturally and fluently on behalf of an executive
- Manage end-to-end content development, including:
- Meet regularly with senior leadership to discuss, brainstorm and document ideas
- Research, both online and primary source interviews, to build out ideas
- Incorporate feedback from senior leadership and secure approval on all posts
- Track, analyze and report on both content and channel performance
- Develop, maintain and manage an editorial calendar - the source of truth for content being written and published
- Daily listening and engagement duties
- Identify influencer engagement opportunities
- Up-to-date on the latest social media trends and topics
- Curate weekly executive newsletter. This includes:
- Understand what executives are reading, latest interests and useful content for subscribers
- Regularly search key content sources to identify articles that are appropriate for the newsletter
- Write intro and transition copy, collaborate with executives to ensure final vision reflects their thoughts and voice
- Build and distribute the newsletter
- 5+ years of experience creating PR/social content for a B2B or B2C technology company
- Bachelors in Journalism, Marketing, PR, English, Communications or related field
- An exceptional storyteller who knows how to mine for great stories
- Consistent ability to write, edit and communicate clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to repurpose content into multiple form factors for distribution across multiple channels
- Superb organizational, project, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Uncanny ability to connect the dots across multiple concepts
- Give feedback thoughtfully and receive it gracefully
- Highly self-motivated, results-driven, and can-do attitude
- Based in Vancouver
- Strategic, understand the big picture and have ideas plus experience to help propel Hootsuite’s company mission forward
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity (you see these as an opportunity) and thrive under pressure
- Hardworking, creative and detail oriented person looking to make an impact with your writing and social media expertise
- Friendly, team player with a sense of humor