OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23) invites applications for the position of Executive Assistant, Office of the Deputy Superintendent. This excluded staff position is effective as soon as possible with a salary range of $54,804.00 to $68,505.00/year plus a benefits package.
The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Superintendent and will be responsible for:
- providing administrative support to the Deputy Superintendent;
- administering, with minimal supervision, the day-to day operations of the office of the Deputy Superintendent;
- maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the organization, policies, and administrative procedures of the District and legislation;
- coordinating the flow of all information to the office of the Deputy Superintendent and to appropriate members of the organization;
- ensuring the maintenance of positive communications between the office of the Deputy Superintendent and all levels of the organization, partnership groups, external agencies, local Indigenous communities, and members of the general public; and
- developing agendas, preparing minutes (for Board, District, Ad Hoc committees, and the Central Okanagan Leadership Team meetings), initiating follow-up action, analyzing and establishing priorities and timelines, conducting research and developing reports, coordinating a variety of projects, organizing activities, preparing and processing various financial transactions, processing a continuously high volume of work, and keeping current professionally.
The successful applicant will possess superior interpersonal skills and have demonstrated organizational and planning abilities in addition to:
- completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a Business College diploma;
- extensive experience at the executive assistant level;
- cultural competency along with a deep sense of equity, inclusivity, and advocacy;
- proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint) and maintain information on the District portal;
- flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- proven ability to plan and follow up on projects to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- ability to maintain professional communication and confidentiality; and
- ability and desire to work as part of the team of Executive Assistants, providing support to senior staff and the Board of Education.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by submitting a cover letter
and resume, outlining relevant background and work experience, and three references by 4:00 pm (PST) on Friday, October 26, 2018. Applications can be emailed to Human.Resources@sd23.bc.ca" target="_blank">Human.Resources@sd23.bc.ca.
Please put "Executive Assistant Vacancy" in the subject line.
Posted: October 18, 2018
Closes: December 17, 2018